Fiber is OUR Friend!
We should be getting 25-30 grams of fiber in on a daily basis. Fiber has cardiovascular and
GUT Health benefits! It binds to sugar and prevents it from storing on the body and supports detoxification of the body.
This is not an easy feat! Let’s explore where we can sneak fiber into the diet!
Beans - lentils and other beans are a power packed option for Fiber
2. Broccoli has 5 grams of Fiber per Cup!
Avoid over steaming or boiling!
3. Berries: Also a GREAT source of antioxidants, low in calories…….they are full of fiber as well!
1 cup blue berries is 4 grams of fiber!
4. Avacaodos: FULL of healthy fats with 10 grams of fiber in one cup of Avacado. I drop in my smoothie on a daily basis! Use a small avacado or maybe half of a large avacado.
5. Popcorn - all natural - MINUS the butter is a healthy snack and also has fiber!
6. Whole Grains……carbs are NOT bad!!!
Wheat pasta, brown rice, and oats have fiber! Whole grains should be the FIRST ingredient on a food package for the item to be considered a whole grain!
8. Dried Fruit- Don’t eat TOO Much- maybe a small hand full as a snack. Too much can cause diarrhea.
9. A sweet potatoe is GREAT!!!! I actually Air-Fry mine on 400 degrees for 45 minutes! I usually eat 1/2 for lunch and half for dinner as well.
10. Nuts A great source of protein and fiber.
Doterra Fiber & Greens are A GREAT Way to add Fiber to the Diet! A scoop a of each in a smoothy daily can help you get some of your servings in - in a CINCH!